What was most amazing to me what that you could see the colors of the stars. No, they aren't all white. They vary in color according to their temperature. They are:
- 3,000° – 6,000° Fahrenheit: Type M - Yellow
- 6,000° – 8,500° Fahrenheit: Type K - Orange
- 8,500° - 10,500° Fahrenheit: Type G - Yellow-white
- 10,500° – 13,000° Fahrenheit: Type F - White
- 13,000° - 17,500° Fahrenheit: Type A - White
- 17,500° – 50,000° Fahrenheit: Type B - Blue-white
- 50,000° - 100,000° Fahrenheit: Type O - Blue
Now to the jacket... I used to do a lot of shopping on QVC. One of the clothing lines they carried was Indigo Moon who made wonderful patchwork, embroidered and appliqued jackets and coats in particular. I have several, but this is my favorite. Unfortunately, I don't often have the opportunity to wear it.
A couple weeks ago, I was invited to the Christmas Revels. It was an opportunity to actually wear "real" clothes, makeup and jewelry. What else would I wear for a Revels but this bright jacket. What I hadn't known was that this years Revels was "The Celestial Fool." Don't you love serendipity?