Photo-a-Day - Sept 2012 - Day 20: Man-Made
I am every mindful of, and grateful for, the creative and talented people who conceive, design manufacture and sell all the things that make my life easier every single day. We too often take them for granted, being so accustomed to them, we no longer see them.
I love to crochet for charity. In order for me to spend time at this hand-made art, there are many man-made items I would have a hard time doing without:
- The collapsible tables on which I keep everything close to hand, even suspending tote bags from its frame
- The large ball winder making working with skeins of yarn less troublesome
- A ruler, scissors with threader and support glove ensure my sizing is correct, ends securely woven in and my hands don't become sore
- A pen and pencil for making notes
- Acrylic yarn; required for charity work as it is non-allergic
- Laptop for Facebook, Ravelry and streaming shows from Netflix to keep me company and prevent eyestrain
The table next to the sofa which holds
- Telephone, needle case, calculator, copy stand, squares templates in 6", 7", 8" and 12" to ensure my squares are
- Full-light spectrum floor lamp
And, of course, my sofa itself, where I spend so many of my waking hours either crocheting or reading.
So, thank you, all you very talented people. I appreciate each and every one of you.