- Building a snowman with dad and Nancy.
- My mother, sister and I all having the mumps at the same time and poor daddy trying to take care of all three of us. It was only a two-bedroom house, so I was on the roll-away bed in the living room. I remember dad trying to get me to eat some toast and me crying saying "Daddy, it hurts."
- I also remember, during that time, there was a major ice storm, so dad tried to cheer my up by having me look out the window at the ice glistening on the trees and fence to the right.
- The swing set; boy do I remember playing on that, and sanding on the side cross-bar watching the men install the aentena for our very first black and white television set.
- We had a huge garden in back. I so hated having to dig up the potatoes; dirty!
- Mr. and Mrs. Robinson next door. They were a lovely couple without children who were so kind to us. They had amazing flowers everywhere. Mrs. Robinson made mom, Nancy and I each an afghan which I have to this day.
I wonder if this little house is still there.